Kaikoura is a seaside settlement situated half-way between Christchurch (approximately 2 hours south of Kaikoura) and Picton. We recommend a 3 day stay in Kaikoura to take advantage of the many activities available here. This is most important if you wish to experience one of the sea based wild-life tours as the changeable weather here means cancellations can be common.
- Go whale-watching by boat or air with Whale Watch.
- Swim with or observe the dolphins on a Dolphin Encounter.
- Escape from the busy world at Indulge Body & Soul, Kaikoura’s only multi award winning Day Spa.
- Take a day trip to Mt Lyford Alpine Resort, only 60km from Kaikoura. Mt Lyford season operates June to September.
- Experience seal swimming with a land-based or boat-based guided seal snorkeling tour : Seal Swim Kaikoura.
- Take a bird watching tour to view seabirds, albatross, mollymawks, petrels and many more: Oceanwings.
- Kaikoura Kayaks - you can't get closer to the wildlife of New Zealand's natural coastline than in a kayak in Kaikoura.
- Explore native bush, farmland and mountain foothills on horse back : fyffe-view-horse-treks.
- Hike the Kaikoura Peninsula Walkway - three hours return to visit a seal colony, limestone formations and seabird colony
- Play a game of golf or tennis (clubs and raquets are available).
- Take a farm Quad bike Tour : 4 Wheel Adventures.
- Visit Fyffe House, a colonial whaler's cottage or the local Museum
- Enjoy our local rocklobster: Wining and Dining
- Indulge yourself with a day trip to Hanmer Springs natural hot pools: Hanmer Springs.
- Go on a Fishing trip and bring home a fresh rocklobster which we can cook for you.
- Or just relax in our private garden and soak in the view.
Marlborough Travel is a family owned tourism company that has operated wine tours in Marlborough and scenic cruises in the Marlborough Sounds for over twenty years.